Drill bits are some of the most important parts of your home tool box, and if you’re an experienced DIY’er, you know they’re not all created equal. Brad-point bits are among the most useful to have around, and the Fisch 25-Piece Chrome-Vanadium Steel Brad-Point Drill Bit Set for Woodworking will quickly become one of your go-to sets on the home-project or job-site front. Brad-point bits, also known as dowelling bits, are a variation on twist-drill bits, the most widely used type of bits. They have one central point with 2 raised spurs that help to drill straight. Using a brad-point bit with a power drill, you can cut and create holes at a very fast speed. These bits are perfect for making holes for dowels of 3-10 millimeters. This set includes 25 brad-point bits in metric sizes ranging from 1 to 13 millimeters, in 0.5-millimeter increments. They’re made of chrome-vanadium steel, which lasts longer between sharpening, and they cause less tear-out in hardwood, softwood and laminated materials. The outer spurs on these Fisch brad-point bits ensure fast and easy cutting, as they score the outer rim of the hole before the main part of the bit does its work. They are great for soft, hard, exotic, veneered and laminated wood, as well as MDF and even acrylic Plexiglas. The bits come with a high-quality plastic storage case that keep them safe and handy when you need them. This Fisch set of 25 brad-point drill bits will be an important, versatile part of your tool kit.
- Set includes 25 brad-point drill bits, the most widely used type of bits, with storage case
- Metric sizes: 1 to 13 millimeter in 0.5 millimeter increments
- Chrome-vanadium steel lasts longer between sharpening
- Less tear-out in hardwood, softwood and laminated materials
- Optimized outer spurs insure fast and easy cutting of the wood, scoring the outer rim of the hole before the main part of the drill begins to do its work
- For use in soft, hard, exotic, veneered and laminated wood, as well as MDF and even acrylic Plexiglas
- Beveled cutting edge leads to clean drilling without any deviation while feeding the bit into the material
- Optimal drilling speeds vary from 2,000 to 3,000 RPM
- Color: Steel
- Weight: 2.1 pounds
Free 1-3 Day Delivery
We make it easy to get what you need, ASAP.