It only makes sense that having more drilling options can give you more adaptability when woodworking. That's why this Brand Point Drill Bit Set comes with 29 different drill bits. The drill bits range from 1/16 to 1/2 of an inch in 1/64-inch increments, allowing you to pick the right size for the job at hand. What's great about this set, in particular, is the chrome-vanadium steel they're made from. This steel helps them to last longer between sharpening. It also helps the drill bits cut through softwood, hardwood, laminated wood, MDF, and acrylic Plexiglas. If you're unfamiliar, chrome-vanadium steel is a particular type of steel alloys that incorporate multiple elements into the mix, such as carbon, manganese, sulfur, chromium, vanadium, and more. Those elements, in particular, allow for the steel to harden not only quicker but more densely. You'll get a stronger piece of steel that's more resistant to abrasion, oxidation, and corrosion than other forms of steel. You'll be thrilled not only with how these bits will hold up over time but also with how clean they'll operate when making holes in your raw material. Before the main drill even gets into the wood or laminate, the outer spurs on the drill bits help to carve the outer rim of the hole to make the cut itself clean and precise. You'll also notice a cleaner hole thanks to the beveled cutting edge keeping the drill on course. You'll have less debris and a much more precise result, as you'll be without deviation and tear-out. Pro tip– the optimal drilling speeds for these drill bits are from 2,000 to 3,000 RPM. When you're done working for the day, all 29 pieces fit nicely into the included storage case. That way you'll be able to keep your Brand Point Drill Bit Set organized and ready for the next project.
- Set includes 29 brad point drill bits with storage case
- Imperial Sizes, 1/16-inch to 1/2-inch in 1/64-inch increments
- Chrome-vanadium steel lasts longer between sharpening
- Less tear-out in hardwood, softwood and laminated materials
- Optimized outer spurs insure fast and easy cutting of the wood, scoring the outer rim of the hole before the main part of the drill begins to do its work
- For use in soft, hard, exotic, veneered and laminated wood, as well as MDF and even acrylic Plexiglas
- Beveled cutting edge leads to clean drilling without any deviation while feeding the bit into the material
- drill bits have full diameter shanks on bits that are 3/8” diameter and smaller
- Optimal drilling speeds vary from 2,000 to 3,000 RPM
- Color: Steel
No reviews yet for this product
Free 1-3 Day Delivery
We make it easy to get what you need, ASAP.