Over time, lawns build up a natural layer of material called thatch. This material is made up of dead grass and other bits of vegetation that sits at the bottom of your grass. A little bit of this is actually good for your lawn. It can give the grass protection against fast changes in moisture. But anything more than an inch starts to become unhealthy and can keep water and nutrients from getting to the grass's roots. If you find your lawn in this situation, then the Gardena Lawn Dethatcher Head can help. This dethatcher is made as a part of the Gardena combisystem. That means it can combine with any combisystem handle. Because of that, you can match it with a handle that best suits your height or gripping preference. The head itself is made with 11 stainless steel tines that tear up moss and thatch to let your lawn breath. To keep the blades from digging into the ground itself, each tine is made with a spring that will let the blades pop up if they meet too much resistance. Each tine is made to be resistant to corrosion, so you can count on them working for years. On the side of the Dethatcher is a pair of wheel specially designed to roll over lawn grass. These wheels make it easy to keep the tines at the right height, and also make it so that you don't have to carry so much of the tool's weight. Best used in spring and autumn when the dethatching can have the biggest effect, the Gardena Lawn Dethatcher Head can help keep your lawn healthy and robust.
- Creates a healthier lawn by removing moss, weeds, and matted grass in a 12.6-inch path
- Fits any Gardena combisystem handle and screws in tight for a secure connection
- Stainless spring steel tines tear into moss and thatch to revitalize your grass and give it better access to air, water, and nutrient absorption
- Constructed of corrosion-resistant duroplast-coated steel and stainless spring steel tines
- Tine height allows them to penetrate the thatch layer of your yard without digging through the underlying soil
- Features robust wheels with special treads designed to traverse your lawn
- Best when used in spring and autumn when the intensive treatment of lawn aeration can have the most effect
- Recommended for use with a handle 70.9 inches long
- Thatching width: 12.6 inches
- Color: Blue
- Dimensions (W): 12.8 inches
- Weight: 4.37 pounds
- Manufacturer warranty: 25-year warranty
Free 1-2 Day Delivery & Returns
We make it easy to get what you need, ASAP.