Filter cartridges can be cleaned and reused for a while, but sooner or later, they give up the ghost and must be replaced. This Hayward CCX1000RE 100 Square Foot Replacement Swimming Pool Filter Cartridge is designed to fit a wide range of Hayward XStream models, including CC10092S, CC100922S, CC10092SFT, CC10092STL, CC15093S, CC150932S, CC15093SFT, CC15093STL, and CC10093STUFFT. This filter cartridge also fits Star-Clear and HCF Models C225, C250, and C500. Hayward’s filters use a reinforced polyester media and an extruded core design which is precision engineered. Those elements of the Hayward design create a pool filter cartridge that provides maximum filtration area and maximum water flow that traps particulate and larger debris while reducing the operational cost of the filter system. Using original Hayward brand CX580XRE filters will ensure a high degree of water clarity and longer filter cycles which reduce maintenance and at reduced energy costs. Your Hayward filter cartridges can be cleaned to increase their life, but eventually they must be replaced, as dirt, oils and minerals build up and cannot be removed. As a rule of thumb, you should clean cartridges whenever the filter pressure gauge increases by about 8 PSI or more above the normal operating pressure, or at least every 6 months, provided your filter is properly sized and you haven’t placed any undue burden on it (say, a bad algae bloom or a heavy swimmer load). If you notice a change in water quality, inspect the filter cartridge for damage and tears and clean if necessary. Even cleaned regularly, filter cartridges don’t last forever. Most people replace their cartridges every 3-5 years, but don’t use the time that’s passed as the only determining factor. Monitor your filter’s performance, and your replacement time frame may be longer or shorter depending on demand. Key things to watch for to help you determine when it’s time to install new cartridges: 1. When the time frame between the increase in operating pressure begins to shorten significantly. 2. If your water stays cloudy or green despite proper chemical balance or you have to run your filter longer or use more sanitizer to achieve clean, clear water. 3. When you spot rips or tears in the cartridge fabric, or cracks in the end of the cartridge. If any of those factors apply, it’s time to order a replacement filter cartridge.
- Hayward CCX1000RE 100 Square Foot Replacement Swimming Pool Filter Cartridge fits Hayward XStream models CC10092S, CC100922S, CC10092SFT, CC10092STL, CC15093S, CC150932S, CC15093SFT, CC15093STL, and CC10093STUFFT
- Also fits Star-Clear and HCF Models C225, C250, and C500
- 100 square foot filtration
- High-quality, reinforced polyester elements provide maximum filtration area and easily trap dirt and debris
- Precision-engineered extruded core design provides maximum water flow while reducing energy cost
- Consistent with Hayward high quality and compatible with all Hayward specified chemicals
- Individually packaged with the Hayward name on end caps and plastic wrap to identify as genuine Hayward parts
- Reduced maintenance and energy costs
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 29.4 x 7 x 7 inches
- Weight: 4.6 pounds
- Warranty: 1-year warranty
No reviews yet for this product
Free 1-3 Day Delivery
We make it easy to get what you need, ASAP.