You don’t have to have a huge expanse of ground to grow summer’s favorite produce. With the Hydrofarm Tomato Barrel Container Garden System, you can raise a tremendous crop of these glorious, juicy gems in the tiniest of spaces. You can use this system to grow tomatoes on a patio, deck, balcony, rooftop, or other small space. You don’t have to worry about quality of your soil because with container gardens you control the growing medium. Because it’s mobile, you can ensure your crop gets the necessary 8 hours or so of sun a day, and you can move the container around if hail is in the offing or if it’s late in the season and you want to avoid it being waterlogged by drenching rain. You also can plant earlier in the spring in container gardens because you don’t have to wait for the soil to warm, and earlier planting means earlier eating. Tomatoes in container gardens often are easier to harvest than those grown in the ground, and they’re more convenient, too, because you can grow them closer to your living space and out of reach of critters. This tomato barrel container garden system includes both container and built-in staking to support your crop as it grows. You can expand the support trellis to more than 4 feet tall. A reservoir below delivers water and nutrients, which helps protect against over- or under-watering. Because the frame helps support the vines’ weight as they grow, the plant can develop more energy to developing fruit. Finally, and most importantly, nothing tastes quite as delicious as a tomato you’ve grown yourself. If tomatoes aren’t your thing, this container garden system also can be used to grow beans, peas, and other climbing plants and flowers.
- Container planting system allows gardeners to raise tomatoes and other vining plants and flowers on patios, decks, balconies or rooftops
- Trellis expands to over 4 feet tall with a 14-inch inside diameter to support tomatoes, beans, peas, and other climbing plants
- System provides both a planting container and built in staking for plant support
- Planter is made of lightweight material, weighing just over 3 pounds
- Easy-to-fill reservoir delivers water and nutrients from below, helping to avoid over- or under-watering
- Easy to move to ensure it gets optimum sun and rain and is safe from hail and other nasty weather
- Sturdy and strong frame construction helps support the weight of the vines as they grow lush
- Includes round base and planter, 3 support rings, and 3 connecting risers
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 15 x 15 x 13 inches
- Manufacturer warranty: 1-year warranty
Free 1-3 Day Delivery
We make it easy to get what you need, ASAP.