There are several filtering options for maintaining sparkling clean and beautifully clear water in your pool or spa. One of the best filter types is the DE (diatomaceous earth) filter, which uses a powder made of fossilized material called diatoms. These filters use grids coated with this powder, which can trap debris from your pool as small as 2-5 microns. (For perspective, a human hair measures between 30 and 120 microns.) When used as a filter aid, the diatomaceous earth is mixed with water to form a slurry for filter precoat. This mixture is introduced into the filter system by means of a slurry pot, or by pouring directly into the surface skimmer with the pump running. The minute diatoms are deposited on the outer surface of the filter elements, forming a straw pile layer or cake by interlacing and overlapping, and thus providing countless microscopic channels which entrap suspended impurities, but allow clear water to pass through without clogging. These DE filter grids, known in the industry as “water polishers” because of that micron count, can be cleaned and recoated with DE powder to lengthen their life, but at some point, they’re too worn or damaged to use anymore. Watch for tears or holes in them to know when it’s time. Typically, the filter grids need replacing every 2-3 years. This Unicel FS-2005 Replacement Filter Grid is compatible with American, Astral, Hayward, Jandy, Pac Fab, Premier Atlas, Sta-Rite and Waterway filter systems. This item comes with 7 full grid (FG1005) and 1 partial grid (PG1905). Made with spunbonded, 100 percent polyester material, the Unicel filter grid is tough and effective in keeping your pool clean. It can operate longer between cleanings than many other filter grids. DE filters and their grids likely are more costly up front, but they use far less pumping power to keep the filter working properly, so pool owners can save money on their utility bills and reduce their impact on the environment. Unicel is the nation's leading manufacturer of swimming pool filter replacement cartridges.
- This Unicel FS-2005 Replacement Filter Grid is compatible with up-flow and down-flow DE filter systems such as American, Astral, Hayward, Jandy, Pac Fab, Premier Atlas, Sta-Rite and Waterway filter systems
- Package includes 7 full (FG1005) and 1 partial grid (PG1905)
- Captures debris as small as 2-5 microns
- Filter coverage area: 60 square feet
- Grids uses diatomaceous earth to filter debris
- Effective for a longer time between cleanings that other DE filter grids
- DE filters require less pumping power than other types of filters, so utility costs are lower
- Collar has open slot (2 notches). Length is measured from one end of the grid to the other (collar not included)
- Dimensions (W x H): 10.75 x 30 inches
- Weight: 9 pounds
- Warranty: 1-Year warranty
Free 1-3 Day Delivery
We make it easy to get what you need, ASAP.