Since established in 1986, Hape has become a world-leading brand in the design and manufacture of high-quality baby and children's toys made from sustainable materials. Their range features over 20categories - providing a kaleidoscope of choices for free play and learning. Hape toys are sold in over100 countries and regions worldwide.
Hape and Spreetail have been partners since 2017. Before partnering with Spreetail, Hape sold products on Amazon, eBay, and Walmart. There was an opportunity to expand the brand’s marketplace distribution and increase sales on non-Amazon marketplaces.
- Spreetail and Hape established weekly calls to build trust and understand their total ecommerce strategy.
- Spreetail started by purchasing the brand’s in-line domestic products and increasing buys to achieve better distribution over multiple marketplaces. In 2019, Spreetail began import business with Hape.
- Several SKUs showed significant growth on Target after launching the channel in 2019. Based on that data, Spreetail focused on building up business on Target through marketing support and product exclusives.
- Spreetail shared 30-day demand forecasts to prepare for order volume and optimize fill rates.
- Spreetail enhanced Hape’s channel presence by running content audits, updating listing attributes, uploading video content, implementing review syndication (Walmart), and applying other channel-specific tactics to improve item listing health.
- Spreetail continued to launch the brand on new channels, including Wayfair, Macy’s, and Home Depot.
- Spreetail's Gross Merchandising Volume (GMV) from Hape increased by 180% from 2019 to 2020.
- Grew 2020 inline product assortment by 66 SKUs, including 11 exclusives. Inline assortment growth allowed Spreetail to maintain a consistent distribution among Toys & Games subcategories.
- Hape was the #1 seller on Target over the 2020 Cyber 5 period and held a homepage deal promotional placement on the channel.
- Achieved a 93% fill rate in 2020, which supported channel growth.
- Since 2017, Spreetail has launched Hape on ten new channels, including Target, Wayfair, Home Depot, Macy’s, Overstock, Kohl’s, and more.
Spreetail launched Hape on Target in 2019. Hape’s products aligned well with Target’s typical shopper – a mother between 35 and 44 years old1. Spreetail capitalized on the opportunity to grow the channel. In 2020, sales on Target accounted for 49% of Gross Merchandising Value (GMV) while other marketplaces also experienced growth (Amazon up 72% from 2019 to 2020).
1. “Target Numerator Retailer Snapshot.” Numerator (2020).